- Meet the reluctant guru of goat’s cheese – The Guardian Newspaper UK - Mary Holbrook went from a PhD in archeology to becoming the Somerset small farmer who transformed British cheese There is a bit of a list of things that get Mary Holbrook’s goat: the government, Brexit, country fields full of solar panels, homogenous executive housing estates, people asking about pioneering cheesemaking and her hallowed place in […]
- Sirecz – Easter Cheese - A traditional Slovak Easter Cheese served with the Easter meal. This is served sliced and cold. It tastes like a sweet custard. Ingredients: 12 eggs 1 quart milk 1 cup white sugar (to taste) 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract 1 pinch ground nutmeg Prep time is 10m cook for 30m and ready 45m In an electric […]
- A resume of last night’s award winners NZ Specialist Cheesemaker Awards 2018 - NZ CHAMPIONS OF CHEESE TROPHY WINNERS 2018 In a year where the international Master Judge said the quality of New Zealand-made cheese has never been better, the top two awards have gone to small, independent cheesemakers. Countdown Champion of Champions Cheese – Commercial, was awarded to The Cheese Barn Organic Cumin Seed Gouda, and Puhoi […]
- Tony Hamblyn – 2018 winner Home Crafted Cheesemaker making the best Home Crafted Cheese – New Zealand Specialist Cheesemaker Awards 2018 - One comes in contact with the most fabulous people and at last night’s NZ Specialist Cheesemaker Annual Award celebration Neil Hamblyn turned out to be an absolutely winner. What a fascinating man – on the right side of his brain Air NZ Pilot and on the left side of his brain – that very creative […]
- FINAL WEEK TO ENTER 2018 NZ CHAMPION OF CHEESE AWARDS - FINAL WEEK TO ENTER 2018 NZ CHAMPION OF CHEESE AWARDS Entries are open now at https://nzsca.org.nz/enter-now/ and close at 5pm on Friday 19 January 2018. Entries received after Friday 19 January will be charged a late entry fee of $30 per entry. DIARY DATES Entries close – Friday 19 January 2018 Cheese received in Auckland – […]
About Curds & Whey
Our cheesemaking supplies and equipment are available for sale online right here... So if you have ever wondered what it takes to make a fabulous cheese you have come to the right place! Please browse our site and the variety of useful, long lasting, high quality products that we offer and recommend.