- FINAL WEEK TO ENTER 2018 NZ CHAMPION OF CHEESE AWARDS - FINAL WEEK TO ENTER 2018 NZ CHAMPION OF CHEESE AWARDS Entries are open now at https://nzsca.org.nz/enter-now/ and close at 5pm on Friday 19 January 2018. Entries received after Friday 19 January will be charged a late entry fee of $30 per entry. DIARY DATES Entries close – Friday 19 January 2018 Cheese received in Auckland – […]
- Getting your cheese ready for entry in the 2018 New Zealand Specialty Cheese Awards – look below for info - DIARY DATES Entries open now at https://nzsca.org.nz/enter-now/ Entries close – Friday 19 January 2018 Cheese received in Auckland – Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 February 2018 Judging – Saturday 24 February 2018 Awards Presentation and NZSCA Gala Cocktail Awards Evening – Thursday 15 March 2018
- Steve and Jan – the Butter People - There is nothing quite like homemade butter – delicious on fresh hot bread, trickling off your fingers when you eat your Mother’s scones. Well Jan and Steve decided that after being sensible and working in serious jobs for many years that they would do something they had yearned to do for a long time – […]
- Thorvald and Neudorf Dairy are sweet on sheep - Thorvald owner director David Barrett has partnered with enterprising couple Julie Brownlee and Nathan Edwards to make wonderful sheep products. Julie who previous managed and now leases Neudorf Dairy loves her 450 sheep which produce a wonderful rich milk and ably aided and abetted by Thorvald cheesemaker Francis Bigot produce sheep feta, yoghurt and very […]
- From Acting to Cheesemaker - Former celebrities who make amazing choices. Former actor Sean Wilson founded the Saddleworth Cheese Company after leaving a very famous British soap in 2005. He is now patron of the International Cheese Awards and has also set up The Great Northern Food Company in the UK aiming to source foods with no preservatives. He said: […]
About Curds & Whey
Our cheesemaking supplies and equipment are available for sale online right here... So if you have ever wondered what it takes to make a fabulous cheese you have come to the right place! Please browse our site and the variety of useful, long lasting, high quality products that we offer and recommend.