- Easter Cake from Umbria – Torta di Pasqua al formaggio - Last Easter we ate our way through the most marvellous Easter Cake traditional in Southern France and Italy – a Parmesan cheese cake – rich, gorgeous and totally different For those of you with some cheese on hand and a few days to Easter – enjoy the following recipe: Ingredients / Serves 12 1kg (2.2 […]
- Butter – which culture to use - Identifying the correct culture to use can be confusing. Technical explanations can fluster when all that one wants to know is “How do I make Butter?” and “Why should I eat it?” Some facts that might interest: Butter is normally made from cows milk but can also be made using sheep, goat, buffalo and even […]
- Champion Winner – Sentry Hill Quark made by Phillippa White - Phillippa is the classic story of a really dedicated girl who wanted to farm and milk her Ewes and then Ewe have it – make Cheese! Phillippa who lives in Hawkes Bay gets up early to milk her sheep. Inside the cheese room and by 8.30am cheesemaking is in progress. Learning by trial, error and […]
- New Zealand Champions of Cheese annual Cheesefest March 02 … - Wed 02 Mar 5:00pm / Food, Gourmet, Wine Love Cheese? Don’t miss the 9th annual CheeseFest. It’s the ultimate New Zealand cheese experience. – Meet the all the leading cheesemakers from around New Zealand – Enjoy a celebration of NZ cheese with fellow cheese lovers – Taste unlimited free samples of the best NZ cheese – […]
- Google to learn all about Cheese – Its “Ap ..pening” - Google’s App is now also a portable Cheesemonger by Khushbu Shah. Eater.com Courtesy of Google A new feature will tell users about more than 400 kinds of cheeses. It’s a good month to be a cheese fan: First came the roll out of the cheese emoji, and now Google is launching a cheese-centric feature on […]
About Curds & Whey
Our cheesemaking supplies and equipment are available for sale online right here... So if you have ever wondered what it takes to make a fabulous cheese you have come to the right place! Please browse our site and the variety of useful, long lasting, high quality products that we offer and recommend.