This starter kit contains everything you need to make your own blue cheese – using the magic ingredient penicillin roqueforti for blue mold growth. After making your initial blue cheeses from the recipes provided you can go on and make stilton, roqueforti – anything that you fancy. You can also use your base culture to make many general cheeses – white camembert and brie, feta, haloumi, cheddar, creme fraiche and much much more.
Kit comprises one each of:
• 1 sachet of freeze dried mesoophilic culture. Cultures are very multi functional and capable of making a wide range of product. (We use either Bioprox 20U sachet size or Sacco 10U sachet size- a sachet covers up to 1000L milk)
• Penicillin roqueforti. 10U Sachet covers 1000L milk (This specialty culture is ordered in. Wait time 3 days min)
• Renco Rennet standard 120ml bottle
• Calcium Chloride powder (100gm)
• Open Cheese hoop
• General ricotta molds x 2
• cheese wrap
• Mini measuring spoons which makes measuring culture so much easier
• Blue cheese – Danish Blue, Large curd cottage cheese, Mascapone recipes & general tips
- A very useful addition to any cheesemaker – The Guide to Making your Own Cheese written by the big cheese – Neil Willman. This informative books contains hints, tips, recipes for blue, white and any other type of cheese plus yoghurt.
Culture, rennet and calcium chloride have a long shelf life when kept in a cool environment. Culture covers 50+kg of cheese according to application level